In addition to the larger format, Target has reimagined its store design, with a more open layout and new elements to better serve customers and employees, and advance the chain’s sustainability goals. The larger stores also support the retailer's same-day fulfillment services stores-as-hubs strategy for digital fulfillment.
The company said the new concept would be its primary focus in the coming years even as it continues to open stores of all sizes.
“With our reimagined store design and larger store footprint that better supports our same-day services, we can give guests more of what they love while incorporating features that build on our commitment to sustainability, community and helping all families discover the joy of everyday life,” John Mulligan, executive VP and COO, Target, said in November.
Target is also continuing to expand its supply chain network of sortation centers, where employees take orders packed in stores and sort them efficiently for local delivery. In early 2023, it expects to have nine of the facilities up and running across the country, including new locations in Chicago and Denver.
Here is Target’s full list of new stores:
- Jackson Hole, 510 US-89, Jackson, Wyo.*
- Kent Island, 200 Kent Landing, Stevensville, Md.
- Times Square, 237 W 42nd Street, New York City
- Costa Mesa, 289 E 17th Street, Costa Mesa, Calif,
- Huntington Beach Garfield and Beach, 19041 Beach Boulevard, Huntington Beach, Calif.
- Port Chester, 495 Boston Post Road, Port Chester, N.Y.
- Pentagon City, 900 Army Navy Drive, Arlington, Va.
- Wall Township, 1825 NJ-35, Wall Township, N.J.
- Charleston King Street, 211 King Street, Charleston, S.C.**
- Pittsburgh, 482 Smithfield Street, Pittsburgh, Pa.**
- Brooklyn Flatbush and Church, 2101 Church Avenue, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Cedar Mill, 12675 NW Cornell Road, Portland, Ore.
- Manhattan SoHo, 600 Broadway, New York City
- Scotts Valley, 270 Mt Hermon Road, Scotts Valley, Calif.
- Bronx Fordham Road, 215 E Fordham Road, Bronx, New York City
- Mandeville, 3450 U.S. Highway 190, Mandeville, La.
- Auburn Center St., 603 Center Street, Auburn, Maine*
- Lebanon Quentin Road, 1745 Quentin Road, Lebanon, Pa.*
- Woodmere Village Square, 27249 Chagrin Boulevard, Woodmere, Ohio
- LA Silver Lake, 609 N Dillon Street, Los Angeles, Calif.
- LA Huntington Park, 5731 Bickett Street, Huntington Park, Calif.
- Katy Elyson, 22165 FM 529, Katy, Texas***
- Homestead, 2551 NE 9th Court, Homestead, FL
* First to market
** First small format to market
*** New large format