Big-box stores had the highest customer loyalty scores overall.
One chain outranks all others when it comes to return visits to stores.
Walmart had the highest (5.68) score in a ranking of customer loyalty across big-box,grocery, QSR, apparel and department stores by consumer intelligence company InMarket. The average loyalty score for all retailers was 1.85. Customer loyalty in the ranking is defined as average return visits for individual customers to store locations within a set time period.(The loyalty figures are a monthly average for Oct., Nov., and Dec. 2021.
Regional grocer H-E-B had the next highest (4.68) score across all retail sectors. In other findings, Kohl’s is the only department store with higher-than-average customer loyalty, with help from its Amazon partnership and holiday promotions, according to the InMarket report.
Here’s a review of the top five chains in each category based on their customer loyalty score.
• Big-box stores had a category average of 3.01. The top five chains were:
Fred Meyer: 3.39
Sam’s Club: 2.35
• Grocery stores had a category average of 1.93. The top five chains were: H-E-B: 4.63
Market Basket: 3.9
King Scoopers: 3.77
• Department stores had a category average of 1.75. The top five chains were: Kohl’s: 1.79
J.C. Penney: 1.44
• Drug stores had a category average of 2.06. CVS Health: 2.72
Health Mart: 1.93
Medicine Shoppe: 1.77
Rite Aid: 1.77
• Apparel stores had a category average of 1.72. The top five chains were: Windsor: 2.0
Kids Foot Locker: 1.98
• Dollar stores had a category average of 1.84. The top five chains were: Dollar General: 2.32
Dollar Tree: 2.03
99Cents Only: 1.93
Family Dollar: 1.87
Five Below: 1.67
• QSR/CDR chains had a category average of 1.85. The top five chains were: Starbucks: 3.87