New mobile apps from Pottery Barn Kids and Pottery Barn Teen include innovative features such as 3-D augmented reality (AR) shopping.
The children’s and teen furniture and accessories banners of home goods retailer Williams-Sonoma Inc. are launching new native shopping apps for iPhone users. The new apps are designed to offer enhanced functionality and an easy-to-use interface.
Features of the new Pottery Barn Kids and Pottery Barn Teen mobile apps include:
- Customers can share favorite items with contacts and on social media directly through the apps.
- Shoppers can explore and shop virtual 3-D rooms using augmented reality (AR) technology to design a space in their home directly from the apps.
- The ability to track, manage and add items to a Pottery Barn Kids registry through the new app platform.
- Seamless browsing of both customer favorite and best-selling products for all ages with customized recommendations. Customers can shop recommended baby to big kid items in the Pottery Barn Kids app, as well as view teen and dorm recommendations in the Pottery Barn Teen app.
- Apple Pay checkout option provides a seamless, secure checkout experience.
- Customers can use the app to request an appointment with a design expert for a free in-store, in-home or virtual appointment.
“The development of our mobile shopping apps was a coordinated effort focused on delivering a seamless, convenient customer experience. As brands who put digital first, the apps offer a new way to shop, find design inspiration and create and manage a registry on the go,” said Jennifer Kellor, president, Pottery Barn Kids and Pottery Barn Teen.
Pottery Barn Kids offers omnichannel backpack resources
In another example of Pottery Barn Kids helping customers via digital innovation, in July 2022 the retailer introduced the online Gear Guide, which showcases all the design and material features as well as sizing guides to help visualize what fits in each bag. For further assistance, customers can chat with a design crew specialist online or visit in-store for help with sizing to ensure the right fit.
[Read More: Williams- Sonoma launches new recipe app, shipping program]
Pottery Barn Kids and Pottery Barn Teen both offer exclusive home furnishings available online and in stores globally. Pottery Barn Kids and Pottery Barn Teen are banners of Williams-Sonoma Inc. and participate in The Key Rewards, a free-to-join loyalty program that offers members exclusive benefits across the Williams-Sonoma portfolio of brands.