Nordstrom’s 10 biggest milestones of 2021
Nordstrom is wrapping up a busy 2021, during which it celebrated its 120th anniversary and launched a number of new initiatives.
The department store retailer took a look back at its biggest milestones on its Nordstrom Now blog. The highlights are below.
1. Expanded its market strategy to 10 additional markets, including Atlanta, Austin, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Miami, Minneapolis, Portland, San Diego and West Palm Beach.
2. Launched livestream shopping, starting with a virtual styling event with Burberry that includes curated runway pieces and a live, interactive Q&A.
3. Signed the 15 Percent Pledge and committed to growing its purchases from businesses owned or founded by Blackindividuals by 10 times by the end of 2030.
4. Added two new members to its executive team, Farrell Redwine as chief human resources officer, and Alexis Depree as chief supply chain officer. Five of the company's 13 executive team members are women.
5. Delivered shoes with Shoes That Fit and coats with Operation Warm to kids in local communities
6. Expanded its BeautyCycle program to Canada. (The program also received Elle Magazine’s Green Beauty Star Award and Good Housekeeping’s Sustainable Innovation Award.)
7.Acquired a minority interest in U.K. retailer Asos, becoming the only brick-and-mortar presence for its four apparel brands: Topshop, Topman, Miss Selfridge and HIIT.
8. Expanded for the first time into licensed sports products through a partnership with Fanatics.
[Read More: Nordstrom to expand in entirely new category via deal with Fanatics]
9. Launched a redefined home concept along with the opening of the Nordstrom Home shop in its Manhattan flagship.
10. Unveiled an expanded jewelry offering with 14 new-to-Nordstrom brands as well as a new site experience on Nordstrom.com.
Additional information on these milestones and year in review can be found on the Nordstrom Now blog here.