Skip to main content

What will drive Prime Big Deal Days purchases?

Prime Big Deal Days logo
Many Prime Big Deal Days shoppers are open to offers.

A new survey reveals how consumers are approaching the Amazon Prime Big Deals Days fall sales extravganza.

According to a new survey of 600 U.S. consumers from mobile marketing platform provider Attentive, of respondents planning to shop this year's Amazon Prime Big Deal Days sale (Oct. 10 -11), 53% will do so regardless of the offers they find. The remaining 47% of respondents will make a purchase if they come across a good deal. 

More than half (54%) of respondents have some items picked out but are willing to hear more. Another 33% aren’t sure what they’re going to buy yet. Half of respondents plan to shop both Amazon and other e-commerce sites, while 44% plan on exclusively sticking to Amazon

Most (86%) respondents have been waiting to purchase at least one item on Prime Day, and more than half (55%) have three or more items they’re ready to add to their cart. Close to six in 10 (58%) will purchase both essential and nice-to-have items, and another 18% will exclusively make discretionary purchases. Meanwhile, 23% will use the sale to stock up on day-to-day items. 

Prime Big Deal Days and holiday plans

More than six in 10 (62%) respondents are planning to shop for both themselves and others, and 12% will just shop for holiday gifts. In addition, 62% of respondents haven't started their holiday shopping yet, but 56% of those are ready to kick off their holiday shopping if they find the right deals, and 31% of those will officially start their holiday shopping on Prime Day regardless of the deals. 

Of respondents who plan to avoid holiday shopping on Prime Day, only 25% will wait until Black Friday to snag gifts. According to Attentive analysis, this indicates the major holiday shopping window now runs between Prime Day and Black Friday, rather than from Black Friday to Christmas Day. 

[Read more: Here’s what will drive Black Friday purchases]

In September 2023, Attentive conducted a survey of 600 U.S. consumers aged 18 and older about their sentiments toward Amazon Prime Day Big Deal Days.

This ad will auto-close in 10 seconds