The top five most ‘competent’ premium omnichannel retailers are…
A luxury goods powerhouse is tops in omnichannel “competence.”
Louis Vuitton took the No. 1 spot in NewStore’s 2021 “Omnichannel Leadership Report.” The mobile store operations platform provider analyzed nearly 200 luxury, premium and lifestyle brands for omnichannel competence, auditing them for the availability of 14 core omnichannel capabilities. The focus was on the seamlessness of each function and how brands integrate their digital and physical storefronts to deliver on customer needs and expectations. The report also examined if and how each brand is providing safe and socially distanced shopping.
Following is a brief overview of the top five omnichannel premium retailers as ranked by NewStore.
1. Louis Vuitton - The luxury brand’s website prominently offers both virtual and in-store appointments, both of which can be booked online in just a few clicks. Furthermore, the brand is offering curbside and collect-in-store at select locations, making it easy and simple for customers to safely pick up their goods.
2. Nordstrom - Throughout COVID-19, Nordstrom expanded its shipping and pickup options to give customers safe and easy ways to get their items - from curbside and store pickup to ship-to-store and same-day delivery in New York City. The retailer is also offering one-to-one personalized style appointments with its team of in-store fashion experts, as well as online chat.
3. Saks Fifth Avenue - Between stores and the web, Saks Fifth Avenue is focused on safety and ease of shopping. Online, there is a virtual shopping feature that allows customers to shop its New York flagship store via video chat. Saks’ online chat widget lets customers know which style advisors near you are online and available to give advice. Shoppers can also book an in-store appointment for before or after store hours, and have a curbside option for both pickup and returns.
4. Cuyana - Cuyana has a seamless solution for curbside pickup when checking out online. This is true for same-day delivery, an option for items available in-store and within certain ZIP codes of Cuyana stores. Associates are ready to help via in-store and virtual shopping sessions.
5. Michael Kors - During quarantine, Michael Kors tapped into live streaming video to help launch new customizable handbags. With stores now open, it offers buy online and pick up in-store from a button on the product page. Orders are then ready at a store near the customer within a few hours.
Interesting metrics from the study include:
• 63% of premium brands offer web chat capabilities.
• 3% of premium brands offer self-checkout in-store.
• 32% of premium brands offer curbside pickup.
• 40% of premium brands offer BOPIS.
• 83% of premium brands have contactless payment options.
• 44% of premium brands show store inventory online.