Taco Bell topped Entrepreneur’s 44th Annual Franchise 500 ranking.
Not surprisingly, quick-serve restaurant chains dominate the upper tier of an annual listing of the country’s top 500 franchises.
For the third consecutive year, Taco Bell topped Entrepreneur’s 44th Franchise 500 ranking. Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen came in second, followed by Jersey Mike’s Subs in third. (See end of article, for the top 25 listing.
The key factors that go into Entrepreneur’s evaluation are:
• Costs and fees (franchise fee, total investment and royalty fees);
• Size and growth (open & operating units. growth rate and closures);
• Brand strength (system size, years in business, years in franchising and social media);
• Support (includes training times, marketing and operational support, financing availability, franchisor infrastructure and litigation); and
• Financial strength and stability (franchisor’s audited financial statements).
Each franchise is given a cumulative score based on an analysis of more than 150 data points, and the 500 franchises with the highest cumulative scores become the Franchise 500 in ranking order.
To be eligible, a franchisor must be seeking new franchisees in the U.S. and Canada and must have had a minimum of 10 locations open and operating as of July 31, 2022, with at least one franchise located in North America.
Here are the top 25 franchises as ranked by Entrepreneur.
1. Taco Bell
2. Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen
3. Jersey Mike’s Subs
4. The UPS Store
6. Kumon (tutoring)
7. Ace Hardware
9. Hampton by Hilton
11.Tropical Smoothie Café
16. Servpro (fire, water and other damage cleanup, restoration and reconstruction)
17. Smoothie King
19. Budget Blinds
20. Snap-on Tools (professional tools and equipment distribution)