Target Corp.’s newest shop-in-shop initiative is with a tech giant.
The discounter is teaming up with Apple to open mini-Apple shops in 17 Target stores this month (see list at end of article), with more to open in the fall. Target already sells Apple products, but the new shops will double the amount of floor space given to the company’s products compared to a typical Target store. The spaces will be designed with an Apple-like experiential vibe, and feature low tables where customers can try out products.
The shops will include dedicated displays of the latest Apple devices along with an extended assortment of Apple accessories. The staff will be specially trained by Apple.
Target has also unveiled a new landing page on its website and app featuring an extended assortment of Apple products.
“Apple products are popular with Target’s guests, and this new, dedicated shopping experience offers enhanced service and expanded offerings, building on our strength as a go-to destination for electronics,” says Christina Hennington, executive VP and chief growth officer at Target. “This new model was created with Target’s guests in mind, and we’ll continue to learn and enhance the experience through future rollouts later this year.”
Target’s deal with Apple is the latest in an ongoing collaboration with popular brands. The retailer is set to open Ulta Beauty shops in 100 Target stores this year, with hundreds more locations to open in the coming years. It also is expanding its partnership with Levi Strauss & Co., with plans to roll out curated in-store displays dedicated to the Red Tab Brand to 500 locations by fall 2021.
Here is a list of the first 17 Target locations getting the new Apple in-store shops.
• 1811 Hillsdale Ave., San Jose, California
• 800 Christiana Mall, Newark, Delaware
• 2747 Gulf To Bay Blvd., Clearwater, Florida
• 3970 SW Archer Rd., Gainesville, Florida
• 10101 W Flagler St., Miami, Florida
• 2155 Town Center Blvd., Orlando, Florida
• 101 Commerce Way, Woburn, Massachusetts
• 1447 E 7th St., Monticello, Minnesota
• 600 Amherst St., Nashua, New Hampshire
• 675 Troy Schenectady Rd., Latham, New York
• 13924 N Pennsylvania Ave., Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
• 125 Witchwood Dr., North Wales, Pennsylvania
• 150 E Stacy Rd., Allen, Texas
• 10900 Lakeline Mall Dr., Austin, Texas
• 1400 Precinct Line Rd., Hurst, Texas
• 7845 N Macarthur Blvd., Irving, Texas
• 18255 Blanco Rd., San Antonio, Texas