Target Corp. is off to a running start with its 2021 store expansion.
The retailer opened 12 new, “state-of-the-art” Target stores as of the end of April (see list at end of article), bringing its total store count to more than 1,900, including more than 140 small-format locations. Earlier this year, Target announced plans to open up to 40 stores annually, with some 140 remodels completed in time for holiday shopping.
The new locations range from busy urban sites (four of the new stores are in New York City) to tourist hotspots such as the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The stores feature online order pickup, with many also offering drive-up services. They are outfitted with the latest safety features, including fixtures and signage to reduce contact and promote social distancing. Each location was designed and built with the community in mind — from infusing local art to capturing the history of the buildings we now call home, Target said.
Below is a list of the 12 new stores Target has opened so far this year.
• Brooklyn Bay Parkway, 8973-95 Bay Parkway, Brooklyn, NY
• Queens Jamaica Ave., 160-08 Jamaica Avenue, Jamaica, N.Y.
• Lawrence Five Towns, 345 Rockaway Turnpike, Lawrence, N.Y.
• Santa Monica Broadway and 5th Street, 420 Broadway, Santa Monica, Calif.
• Hollywood Galaxy, 7021 Hollywood Boulevard, Los Angeles
• Salt Lake City Sugar House, 2236 S 1300 East, Salt Lake City
• Portland Hollywood, 4030 NE Halsey Street, Portland, Ore.
• Queens Jackson Heights, 40-25 82nd Street, Elmhurst, N.Y.
• Brooklyn Kings Highway, 5200 Kings Highway, Brooklyn, N.Y.
• Wilmington Prices Corner, 3240 Kirkwood Highway, Wilmington, Del.
• Athens Broad Street, 127 E Broad Street, Athens, Ga.
• Sacramento Midtown, 1707 J Street, Sacramento, Calif.