Sephora is re-launching its “Sephoria” event in a gamified digital environment.
Previously held in 2018 and 2019 as a live, ticketed event, Sephoria is returning virtually in September as “Sephoria: Virtual House of Beauty.” Scheduled for Sept. 18, 2021, from 1 p.m.– 4 p.m. ET, the event will offer a game-like, 3D environment featuring an interactive beauty “house” with multiple rooms to explore.
Attendees will receive access to both live and pre-recorded content from Sephora brands, beauty icons, and other surprise guests. Attendees can also “meet” brand founders and experts, play virtual games with chances to win Sephora merchandise, take selfies in virtual photo booths, and more.
With more than 30 brands participating – including several that are new to Sephora – this year’s activation features five virtual rooms, including:
• Home theater: Master classes and special tutorials by brand founders and global artists, featuring brands including Forvr Mood, Danessa Myricks Beauty, Fenty Beauty by Rihanna, Patrick Ta, Shani Darden Skin Care, and Sephora Collection.
• Family room: Includes a roundtable discussion with former Accelerate brand founders, featuring brands including Tatcha, Bread Beauty Supply, Topicals, and a selection of Sephora 2021 Accelerate brands.
• Loft: A place to connect and network live with micro-communities and talent on several trending beauty topics, highlighting brands such as Amika, Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare, The Phluid Project, Fenty Beauty by Rihanna, Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez, Sephora’s Beauty Directors, and members of the newest #SephoraSquad influencer group.
• Sunroom: A space to explore and discover clean and sustainable products with pre-recorded routines, tutorials, and brand stories, with brands including Ilia, Saie, Kosas, Item Beauty by Addison Rae, Milk Makeup, Biossance, Summer Fridays, Tatcha, Selfless by Hyram, The Inkey List, Fable & Mane, dae, Bread Beauty Supply, adwoa Beauty, Briogeo, JVN Hair, The 7 Virtues, Floral Street, Skylar, and Ellis Brooklyn.
• Backyard: A place to get together and celebrate, with surprise guest apperances, featuring brands such as Gucci, JVN Hair, and Gisou.
“We are thrilled to re-introduce Sephoria this year and bring our clients a unique, innovative, and more inclusive beauty experience,” said Deborah Yeh, chief marketing officer at Sephora. “In 2021, we felt it was important to have a moment of joy with our clients and we’ve worked hard to recreate the special Sephoria environment our clients know and love, by delivering an unmatched virtual experience that they can enjoy free, from anywhere. We look forward to welcoming back clients into the (virtual) world of Sephoria.”
Registered attendees will receive full access to Sephoria: House of Beauty content and can also opt-in to purchase an Experience Kit for $40 ($150-plus value), with full- and travel-size product from a selection of participating brands. Experience Kits are available in limited quantities, while supplies last. Sponsors of this year’s Sephoria Virtual House of Beauty include Obe Fitness and ThirdLove, who will be offering exclusive and unique experiences for all attendees.