Macy’s is closing a store in its hometown.
The department store giant is shuttering its location at Northgate Mall in Cincinnati, reported the Cincinnati Business Courier. Macy's confirmed to the Business Courier that it is closing the Northgate store, with a clearance sale beginning this month. The final closing date has not yet been set. In addition to its Northgate Mall location, Macy’s plans to close at least 10 other stores, the report said.
In separate reports, the retailer confirmed it will close the following locations:
• RiverGate Mall, Goodlettsville, Tenn.;
• Westfield Meriden Mall, Meriden, Conn.;
• University Mall, Carbondale, Ill.;
• Macon Mall, Macon, Ga.; and
• Ohio Valley Mall, St. Clairsville, Wis.
Macy's will share details of its growth strategy and three-year plan when it hosts an Investor Day on Feb. 5, at the New York Stock Exchange.