A leading customer messaging and payment platform is enabling in-store and text-based payments via a new connected POS device.
Podium is releasing Podium Card Readers, the company's first physical products and the newest feature in its payment-processing suite. Podium Card Readers allow retailers to continue interacting with customers after they leave the store and providing multiple ways for customers to pay, including text, swipe, card insert and tap-to-pay.
Retailers can see the entire transaction and communication history with every customer in a single thread, and Podium automatically batches transactions and CNP payments after two days. Refunds never expire and are paid to the customer through Podium; customers receive an automatic text letting them know their refund is being send to their bank.
The readers are available in both mobile and stationary models. Specific features of the readers include:
- Mobile card readers connect via Bluetooth to Podium's mobile app;
- Stationary/in-store card readers connect via secure WiFi to a computer, tablet or mobile device;
- Support for chip insert, chip tap, swiping and mobile wallets;
- Text/email receipt sent automatically after payment, eliminating need to print a receipt;
- Companies can set up recurring payments in person, with subsequent charges occurring via text or email;
- Card readers meet or exceed all PCI compliance standards;
- Protection against fraudulent EMV transactions.