J.C. Penney closing a few stores. Here are the locations…
J.C. Penney is trimming its store portfolio, but not by much.
The department store retailer plans to shutter six stores by April 24, along with a call center in Lenexa, Kansas. The closings, which were first reported by USA Today, will leave Penney with approximately 850 stores nationwide.
The stores scheduled to close are:
• Southgate Mall, Missoula, Montana
• Myrtle Beach Mall, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
• Chapel Hill Mall, Akron, Ohio
• North Hills Shopping Center, Raleigh, North Carolina
• Tulsa Promenade, Tulsa, Oklahoma
• Green Acres Mall, Valley Stream, New York
“This decision is the result of a careful and ongoing review of our store portfolio," a Penney spokesperson said.
Last year, the retailer said it would close18 full-line stores and nine home and furniture stores.