J.C. Penney is trimming its store portfolio, but not by much.
The department store retailer plans to shutter six stores by April 24, along with a call center in Lenexa, Kansas. The closings, which were first reported by USA Today, will leave Penney with approximately 850 stores nationwide.
The stores scheduled to close are:
• Southgate Mall, Missoula, Montana
• Myrtle Beach Mall, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
• Chapel Hill Mall, Akron, Ohio
• North Hills Shopping Center, Raleigh, North Carolina
• Tulsa Promenade, Tulsa, Oklahoma
• Green Acres Mall, Valley Stream, New York
“This decision is the result of a careful and ongoing review of our store portfolio," a Penney spokesperson said.
Last year, the retailer said it would close18 full-line stores and nine home and furniture stores.