Gap Inc. is combining the previous credit card and loyalty programs under Navyist Rewards, Gap Good Rewards, Banana Republic Rewards, and Athleta Rewards.
The largest U.S. specialty apparel company initially relaunched its corporate loyalty program in fall 2020. Rewards members across the U.S. and Puerto Rico receive special perks, bonuses, and brand-exclusive benefits when they join. And as part of the program, members can shop across all four brands, and no matter which brand they enrolled in or how they spend, all of their points will be in one place.
Under the newly enhanced program, cardmembers earn five points for every $1 spent across all four brands and rewards members earn one point for every $1 spent. Members will be able to redeem rewards in $1 (or 100-point) increments, rather than 500-point increments as in the old program, allowing for faster accumulation of rewards and quicker redemption.
The new program has published membership tier levels based on annual spend: Core ($0-$500 annual spend), Enthusiast ($500-$999 annual spend or cardmember), and Icon ($1,000-plus annual spend or $5,000 points). For more details of the benefits offered at each membership tier click here.
Another key feature of the program is the “Do Good” component, which gives customers the ability to give back by donating their points to one of five funds that support the brand and company core values:
• Old Navy: Imagine Mission Fund—Imagining a better future for future generations by creating new job opportunities for youth, eliminating plastic waste, and art programming for kids, in partnership with amazing nonprofits like Boys & Girls Clubs.
• Gap: DoSomething.org—Activating young people to make positive change locally and globally through campaigns that make an impact.
• Banana Republic: BR x World Wildlife Fund—Working to conserve wildlife, protect outdoor places, and build a future where people live in harmony with nature.
• Athleta: Power of She Fund—Putting Athleta's mission to ignite the potential of women and girls into action with grant programs that fuel confidence through movement and connection in partnership with the Women’s Sports Foundation.
• Gap Inc.: Equal Justice Initiative—Committed to ending mass incarceration and excessive punishment in the U.S., to challenging racial and economic injustice, and to protecting basic human rights for the most vulnerable people in American society.
The Gap Inc. Rewards program is now live for in-store and online enrollment. According to the company, since relaunching the loyalty program in fall 2020, it has enrolled more than 19 million new customers in less than 12 months. There are now more than 37 million cardmembers and Rewards members combined who have been automatically migrated to the new program.
“Our goal is to turn our customers into lifelong loyalists by reimagining our Rewards program and creating unique, personalized experiences that will make it easier to shop, earn and redeem rewards across our family of brands,” said John Strain, chief customer, digital and technology officer at Gap Inc. “We’re excited to build on the success of the loyalty program launched last year, which incorporates customer feedback to create an incredible experience for our members.”