Nordstrom is teaming up with a made-to-measure menswear company popular with younger customers.
The department store retailer is adding 21 in-store Indochino shops in its stores nationwide. The shops will offer personalized suiting, shirts, chino and outerwear, with custom suits starting at $429, with chinos and shirts at $79. By combining Nordstrom’s services and Indochino’s product offering, the partnership “will allow customers to find their perfect fit,” Nordstrom stated.
As part of the deal, Nordstrom will offer complimentary alterations for Indochino customers, including those who did not buy their items at a Nordstrom location. The retailer noted that it operates one of the largest and most sophisticated tailoring networks in North America.
“We have long admired Indochino as a leader in made-to-measure suiting and apparel and we are excited to bring the Nordstrom customer a new bespoke experience in our stores,” says Shea Jensen, executive VP, GMM women’s and men’s ready to Wear at Nordstrom. “Through this partnership we will provide an approachable and convenient way to shop whether it be for work, special occasions, or everyday wardrobe essentials.”
To date, 10 Indochino shops have opened at Nordstrom (see list at end of article), with another 11 scheduled to open by the beginning of July. The shops average about 400 sq. ft.
Founded online in 2014, Indochino currently operates more than 50 stores. Customers, working with sales associates, choose from a wide selection of fabrics and customization options, including lapels, buttons, pockets, lining and monogramming. Garments are then made to their measurements and shipped to their door in two to three weeks. The experience will be the same in the in-store shops at Nordstrom as it is in Indochino’s freestanding stores.
"We are honored to be partnering with one of the most historic retail brands in the world to bring the unique Indochino experience to Nordstrom stores,” said Drew Green, president & CEO of Indochino. “As one of the world’s leading fashion retailers, Nordstrom is known for offering an unparalleled level of service and we share this passion. Together, we’re enabling more individuals to showcase their personal style through custom clothing that delivers high value by combining a premium customer experience, high-quality product and accessible price.”
Here are the locations of the in-store Indochino shops at Nordstrom that are currently open.
• Nordstrom Perimeter Mall, Atlanta
• Nordstrom Westfarms, Farmington, Conn.
• Nordstrom Towson Town Center, Towson, Md.
• Nordstrom Somerset Collection, Troy, Mich.
• Nordstrom City Creek Center, Salt Lake City
• Nordstrom San Francisco Centre, San Francisco
• Nordstrom The Woodlands, The Woodlands, Texas
• Nordstrom International Plaza, Tampa, Fla.
• Nordstrom Ross Park, Pittsburgh
• Nordstrom Roosevelt Field, Garden City, N.Y.
• Nordstrom Tacoma Mall, Tacoma, Wash., opening June 25, 2021
• Nordstrom Mayfair, Wauwatosa, Wis., opening June 30, 2021
• Nordstrom Fashion Mall at Keystone, Indianapolis, opening June 30, 2021
• Nordstrom The Shops at La Cantera, San Antonio, Texas, opening June 30, 2021
• Nordstrom Twelve Oaks Mall, Novi, Mich., opening June 30, 2021
• Nordstrom St. Johns Town Center, Jacksonville, Fla., opening June 30, 2021
• Nordstrom Natick Mall, Natick, Mass., Opening June 30, 2021
• Nordstrom Kenwood Towne Centre, Cincinnati, opening July 2, 2021
• Nordstrom Menlo Park, Edison, N.J., Opening July 2, 2021
• Nordstrom Stonebriar Centre, Frisco, Texas, opening July 2, 2021
• Nordstrom The Streets at Southpoint, Durham, N.C., opening July 2, 2021