Dollar General announced a series of promotions and also a new hire to lead fresh merchandise.
The discounter said the promotions reflect its priority of “creating opportunities for employees. In March, Dollar General said it plans to create about 10,000 new jobs in 2022.
[Read More: Dollar General prepares for hiring blitz]
The promotions are listed below, with the new hire at the end of the article.
• Mark Banister has been promoted to senior VP, in-store experience. In this role, Banister will lead the space management, project execution and support, fixtures and supplies, and store planning teams. He joined Dollar General in 2009 and has held various roles of increasing responsibility leading the in-store experience teams.
• Dr. Johné Battle has been promoted to senior VP of diversity and inclusion. Since joining Dollar General in 2020, he has been instrumental in advancing DG’s efforts to extend the company’s operating priority to “invest in diverse teams through development, empowerment and inclusion.”
• Ivan Reeves has been promoted to senior VP of supply chain human resources. He joined Dollar General in 2002 as part of the human resources team. Reeves will lead supply chain human resources for the company’s current 28 distribution centers, as well as the growing private fleet network. Most recently, Reeves held the position on VP of supply chain and human resources.
• Michael Auyeung has been promoted to VP of merchandising. With more than 35 years of merchandising experience, Auyeung joined the company’s pOpshelf merchandising team in 2019 and will lead beauty, health, stationary, arts and crafts, toys and electronics merchandising. pOpshelf, which launched in fall 2020, currently operates 66 stores in 7 states.
• Rick Channell has been promoted to VP, division merchandise manager. He joined DG in 2011, most recently serving as senior director of merchandising. Channell will lead teams across multiple categories and be responsible for merchandising strategies in health, beauty and personal care.
• Scott Miller has been promoted to VP of space management. Since joining DG in 2009, Miller continues to support store operations teams, merchant groups and vendor communities through planogram construction, database administration, third-party merchandising operations and new store publication functions.
Allen Warch has joined Dollar General as VP, division merchandise manager with leadership of fresh merchandise. From 2019 through May 2022, he served as VP, fresh merchandising at Price Chopper Supermarkets — Market 32.
Dollar General operated 18,356 stores in 47 states as of April 29, 2022.