CVS enhances employer COVID-19 services with Salesforce
CVS Health and Salesforce are offering integrated, complementary return to work and campus solutions.
The drugstore retailer is entering a strategic relationship with Salesforce that will allow employers and universities to use each company’s COVID-19 “return to normal” solutions as they transition employees and students back to worksite and campus locations. The offering will enable professional and academic customers to use the Salesforce Work.com workplace management platform, including wellness monitoring and manual contact tracing solutions, supported the Return to Ready flexible COVID-19 testing solution CVS Health launched in June.
CVS Health and Salesforce are providing a data and workflow model that can be integrated in one centralized place when enabled by customers using the Work.com Workplace Command Center. Features include:
- Wellness monitoring: Salesforce’s survey tool helps organizations monitor and assess their personnel’s health and wellness. When personnel are identified as eligible for testing, they will receive an email with additional information about how and where to complete testing.
- COVID-19 testing: CVS Health’s testing solution, guided by clinical consultation, allows organizations to develop a customized testing strategy by letting those organizations choose who, how and where to test individuals returning to worksite and campus locations; and integrates online test scheduling and testing results notification capabilities for enhanced user experience.
- Reporting: COVID-19 test results that are sponsored by an organization will be shared with that organization by CVS Health, with authorization from the patient or patient’s representative, and with alerts for positive results and state and federal reporting of test results as required. Organizations can then view data securely in Salesforce Work.com to manage risk and assess an organization's current reopening status in the key areas of personnel, spaces and policies.
- Contact tracing: When individuals have a positive test result, Salesforce’s manual contact tracing solution can facilitate notifications to those who may have been exposed and identify possible points of transmission, such as colleagues the individual may have come into contact with. Those exposed are notified and receive an email with additional information about how and where to complete testing, either onsite or at a CVS Pharmacy drive-thru testing location based on the organization’s own testing strategy.
- Shift management: Built directly into Work.com, organizations can monitor facility preparedness and manage shift schedules to determine how to safely adjust or resume business operations, including with new capacity models designed to help enable a safe return to work by adjusting office density.
“While COVID-19 testing is an important tool to responsibly reopen worksite and campus locations, a comprehensive strategy requires wellness monitoring and contact tracing to help prevent an onsite outbreak and spread of the virus,” said Troyen Brennan, M.D., M.P.H., chief medical officer of CVS Health. “While there are a lot of COVID-19 tools hitting the market, the Work.com capabilities use the latest science and technology, and we believe together, with our Return Ready testing solution and clinical protocols, we can help our customers activate a comprehensive plan to return and maintain critical populations onsite.”