Skip to main content

Confident businesses use these customer experience solutions

A majority of businesses feel confident in their customer experience.

A new survey reveals significant differences between companies with confidence in their customer experience and those lacking it.

According to a new survey of 2,875 business leaders across 13 countries from customer engagement technology provider Verint, 67% of respondents indicate they are “highly confident” about their organization’s ability to provide the level of experience demanded by modern consumers, and the remaining 33% say they are less confident in this capacity. 

More than half of all respondents rated coaching and mentoring, supporting employee well-being and skills training as the top three talent management challenges in 2023. 

In addition, more than 50% of all respondents believe labor issues, budget cuts and/or pressure to reduce costs will have a negative impact on their customer engagement efforts in 2023.

Confidence makes a difference

The survey also revealed a number of disparities between respondents from organizations that are confident and unconfident in their customer engagement capabilities:

  • Highly confident respondents were 3.2 times more likely to be highly effective at engaging customers across digital channels, 2.9 times more likely to provide effective self-service options, 2.9 times more likely to have been highly effective in implementing or expanding their customer experience automation usage and 2.8 times more likely to be effective in leveraging customer feedback to improve customer experience during 2022.
  • Eighty-five percent of highly confident respondents began using or expanded use of digital channels for interacting with customers during the previous 12 months (survey conducted in December 2022).
  • Eighty-nine percent of highly confident respondents cited their use or more extensive use of those digital engagement channels in improving customer experience has been highly effective.
  • More than seven in 10 (72%) highly confident respondents indicated that utilization of chatbots and messaging channels has been extremely effective for them during the past two years.
  • Fifty-six percent of highly confident respondents increased spending on messaging and social channels, while 54% increased budgets for chatbots and interactive voice assistants to improve efficiency and decision-making in 2022 compared to 2021 

[Read more: How does AI affect customer behavior?]

“Organizations must leverage digital-first engagement and automation to meet customers where they are, allowing engagement at scale through a unified workforce of humans and bots,” said Verint chief marketing officer Celia Fleischaker. Streamlining talent management creates a more efficient hiring and onboarding process and sets up employees with the right tools to succeed.”

This ad will auto-close in 10 seconds