Skip to main content

Walmart

  • Study: Four-in-10 smartphone users buy with device

    Dallas – Four-in-10 (43%) of U.S. smartphone users purchased a good via their device in the last month. The new Parks Associates study “Mobile Commerce: Keys to Mass Adoption” also shows that 54% of Target shoppers have used their smartphone to make an in-store purchase in the last month, compared to 38% of Wal-Mart customers.

  • Dollar General opens first gas station

    It’s one down and more than 11,000 to go as Dollar General has opened its first ever fueling station at a store in Hanceville, Ala.

    The pilot project is part of an agreement with Mansfield Oil, a provider of fuel supply, distribution, delivery, and dispensing solutions. The store in question is one of Dollar General’s larger format Market stores which include expanded food and consumables. Dollar General operates more than 11,000 stores nationwide, but slightly more than 100 units are in the Market format.

  • Report: Indian Reserve Bank to rule on Wal-Mart probe

    Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4
  • Spend less, build more is Walmart’s new slogan

    Walmart said its worldwide capital expenditure budget for the 2014 will range between $11.8 billion and $12.8 billion, roughly $200 million less than the company expects to spend during the current year, even as it adds more selling space.

  • Made in U.S.A. update on tap

    Michelle Gloeckler, SVP of Home at Walmart and head of the retailer’s domestic manufacturing initiative is scheduled to give an update on the program, its progress and inner workings in Bentonville next month.

    Gloecker was recently confirmed as a speaker at an event organized by the Bentonville Bella Vista Chamber of Commerce for the organization’s Walstreet membership group which consists of Walmart suppliers and service provider companies. Gloecker is scheduled to speak on Thursday, November 14.
     

  • Report: Wal-Mart to shut 20 China stores

    Bentonville, Ark. – Wal-Mart Stores will reportedly close 20 underperforming stores in China next year as part of an overhaul of its Chinese operations. According to Bloomberg, Wal-Mart is restructuring its business in China, including a new management structure and more efficient purchasing operations.

    However, Wal-Mart still plans to open 100 stores in China during the next three years. A Wal-Mart executive said the stores being closed there do not have ideal locations or layouts.

  • Former Walmart exec Mullany new president at Toys "R" Us

    Toys “R” Us late Wednesday named Antonio Urcelay CEO and brought in former Walmart executive Hank Mullany to serve in the newly created role of president of U.S. stores.

  • Toys ‘R’ Us moves interim CEO into role permanently; names new U.S. president

    Wayne, N.J. -- Toys “R” Us announced that Antonio Urcelay has been named chief executive, effective immediately, after serving as the company’s interim CEO since May of this year. In other executive news, the retailer appointed a former Wal-Mart executive, Hank Mullany, as president of Toys “R” U.S., effective Nov. 5.

    Urcelay, 61, who joined Toys “R” Us in 1996, had been president of the company's Europe business before being named interim CEO.

X
This ad will auto-close in 10 seconds