Amazon primes for last-minute shopping
Amazon Prime members have time to procrastinate this holiday season.
The e-tail giant is enabling Prime members in eligible areas to shop a selection of millions of products up until Christmas Eve (Dec. 24) and receive them that day with Prime free same-day delivery and free two-hour delivery with Amazon Fresh and Whole Foods Market. In addition to a complete selection of groceries, Prime members in select cities can shop Amazon Fresh for tens of thousands of items across dozens of categories, including Amazon devices, toys, gifts, wrapping supplies, and more.
Prime members can also find the same deals that are available on Amazon.com and receive free two-hour delivery in select cities. In another seasonal offering, the return window has been extended until Jan. 31 for items purchased between Nov. 1 and Dec. 31.
Amazon released the following delivery deadlines:
• Dec. 14: Last day to order and get free delivery on orders over $25, free for all customers.
• Dec. 18: Last day to order items eligible for standard shipping, free for Prime members.
• Dec. 22: Last day to order tens of millions of items, free for Prime members.
• Dec. 23: Last day to order more than 10 million items eligible for one-day delivery (coast to coast, free for Prime members with no minimum purchase).
• Dec. 24: Last day to order millions of items eligible for same-day delivery (free for Prime members in eligible areas on orders over $35, order by 9:30 a.m. local time).
• Dec. 24: Last chance for free two-hour grocery delivery, reserved exclusively for Prime members in select cities. Order by 5 p.m. local time (3 p.m. in select locations) for Whole Foods Market and 8 p.m. local time for Amazon Fresh.
• Dec. 24: Whole Foods Market stores, Amazon Books, and Amazon 4-star stores are open Christmas Eve (store hours vary by location).
“We want customers to experience the magic of the holidays with family and friends knowing Amazon has them covered with fast, free, and reliable shipping on millions of items – from best-selling gifts and holiday décor, to the icing for their gingerbread cookies,” said Maria Renz, VP, global delivery experience at Amazon. “Whether you’re a planner or a procrastinator, this season Prime members have more delivery options than ever before and we thank our team of customer-obsessed associates and drivers who are delivering smiles throughout the holidays.”