Fast-rising activewear retailer runs store ops on iPhone
Outdoor Voices has overhauled its store experience to the benefit of its customers and employees.
The digital-first women’s activewear brand has deployed technology from NewStore, which operates a platform for retailers to run their stores on iPhone, in its nine physical locations. (A 10th is due to open in Manhattan’s Flatiron District.) Running exclusively on iOS, the platform allows Outdoor Voices to bridge online and in-store shopping experiences. It empowers store associates via iPhone to ensure all customer touchpoints are secure, seamless and cohesive.
NewStore’s omnichannel platform’s integrated cloud OMS and mobile POS gives Outdoor Voices a single vision for its customers, orders and inventory. Data insights are made available to store associates on iPhone, allowing them to easily deploy omnichannel capabilities including endless aisle, mobile checkout, store fulfillment, inventory management and clienteling.
“We've been looking for the right partner that will make it easy to manage a 360 degree view into our retail shops and for us, that's NewStore," said Kevin Harwood, VP of technology of Outdoor Voices, which was founded in 2014. "The NewStore ommnichannel platform creates a symbiotic relationship between our online and in-store transactions by ensuring that our shop teams have the data they need at their fingertips and our customers the technical apparel they've been looking for."
Running its stores on iPhone with NewStore has provided Outdoor Voices with the following benefits.
- Omnichannel OMS: Store associates can rely on automatic order routing to get apparel to customers quickly and cost-effectively.
- Flexible checkout: Store associates can facilitate iPhone to iPhone checkout from anywhere on the store floor leveraging Apple Pay so customers can easily and securely pay using just their iPhone or Apple Watch. Mobile checkout can also be used to accept cash, credit card or gift card.
- Store fulfillment: Customers can choose modern fulfillment options, including buy online pickup in-store (BOPIS) and ship from store.
- Inventory management: Store associates can leverage RFID technology and NewStore apps to access enterprise-wide real-time inventory, enabling endless aisle transactions.
- Clienteling: Store associates can deliver one-to-one customer experiences with access to the customer’s complete shopper profile, including purchase history and preferences.