1-800-Flowers shows consumers digital love with AR, voice features
Just in time for Valentine’s Day, 1-800-Flowers.com is introducing a broad array of leading-edge digital shopping options.
Starting Feb. 1, customers using iPhone and iPad will be able to send augmented reality (AR) messages the 1-800-Flowers.com iOS mobile app, leveraging Apple's ARKit. A variety of AR filters and messaging will enable customers to create customized "Will You Be My Valentine?" photo or video messages.
1-800-Flowers.com is also enabling customers to place smart orders via the Samsung Bixby voice-powered digital assistant, with automatic payment using Samsung Pay. Furthermore, 1-800-Flowers.com is offering an optimized mobile shopping experience for Google Assistant users, including a curated gift collection and real-time order tracking capabilities. Customers can also search and shop a selection of fresh farm flowers on Google Assistant-enabled mobile devices in the 1-800-Flowers.com store on Google Express.
Consumers can also shop and pay via text using Apple Business Chat and Apple Pay using iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple Watch. This experience also offers a digital personalized concierge with order tracking and assistance regarding a product or service anytime or anywhere.
Other new and enhanced digital shopping features include upgraded search and shopping capabilities on the 1-800-Flowers.com Assistant bot for Facebook Messenger. "Track My Order" is now integrated on this platform. The 1-800-Flowers.com mobile website has been redesigned for greater speed, added smart functionality and a more tailored shopping experience.
In addition, 1-800-Flowers.com now offers: • Streamlined single-page checkout across desktop and mobile, with seamless transactions directly from product pages via Google Payment Requests.
• New filtering and refinement options for desktop searches.
• Google Pay on Android-enabled mobile and tablet devices.
• SmartGift notifications to gift recipients via text, email or other messaging platforms.
• “Quick Meets Easy” shopping tool that provides personalized gift recommendations based on answers to three questions.
• Email alerts to receive special deals. They can also download the mobile app and sign up for text alerts to receive notifications about exclusive and limited-time offers.