Walmart has a new leader in charge of health and wellness.
Walmart has named Sean Slovenski as senior VP of health and wellness for Walmart U.S., effective Aug. 1, according to a company memo from Walmart U.S. CEO Greg Foran.
In his new role, Slovenski will work to implement the company’s plan to put more focus on the health and wellness business in the near term, with the goal of making health care more affordable and accessible. Most recently, Slovenski was president of Healthways’ population health division.
“Sean is a proven leader and entrepreneur with an established track record in defining and building businesses within the healthcare industry,” Foran said. “I am delighted to bring such an experienced executive on board to lead a critical area of our business.”
Reporting to Slovenski will be:
- Paul Beahm, senior VP of health and wellness operations;
- Cory Gundberg, senior VP of health and wellness – lead in pharmacy;
- Sandy Ryan, VP of clinics and quality;
- Luke Kleyn, VP of payer relations;
- Marcus Osborne, VP of health and wellness transformation;
- Jinali Desai, VP and DMM of Rx merchandising; and
- Mony Iyer, VP of optical, who is set to join the company July 23.
In addition to his time at Healthways, Slovenski previously was CEO of Care Innovations, an Intel-GE joint venture, as well as vice president of innovation at Humana.
Marybeth Hays, who currently oversees the retailer's health and wellness business, is engaged in the transition and will be sharing more details of her next position at a later date, Foran said. Latriece Watkins will continue leading the company’s consumables portfolio, reporting to chief merchandising officer Steve Bratspies.