Once again, Sephora is offering its “Sephoria” event in a gamified digital environment.
Previously held in 2018 and 2019 as a live, ticketed event and in 2021 as a virtual experience, the 2022 edition of “Sephoria: Virtual House of Beauty” will occur Sunday, Sept. 18. This free, 3D virtual event will feature an interactive beauty “house” with multiple rooms, containing exclusive content from some of Sephora’s brands, beauty influencers, and surprise guests.
This year’s event includes new programming intended to celebrate diversity and inclusivity, as well as highlight Sephora’s product assortment. New features for U.S. participants include a point-earn platform with the ability to accrue Sephora Beauty Insider loyalty points as prizes for playing games. Non-Beauty Insider members will be able to sign up upon entry to the event.
During the event, attendees will be able to engage with brand founders, Sephora experts, and other content creators via new live-chat capabilities. And a unique Proof of Attendance Protocol (P.O.A.P – a blockchain-based digital achievement badge) will be redeemable upon entering the space and can be added to cryptocurrency wallets for free.
Sephoria will also expand globally for the first time, with consumers from Canada, France, Spain, and Italy able to take part. Event registration for Canada goes live on August 10, and all other regions in early September.
Sephoria features virtual rooms
With more than 35 brands participating, including several that are new and exclusive to Sephora, this year’s event features the following seven virtual rooms:
- The Foyer: A greeting area and central hub for attendees that offers resources such as a 3D map and events schedule, a concierge desk with Beauty Insider information and registration, a prize booth with details on point-earn opportunities, and a reveal of the exclusive P.O.A.P that can be claimed upon entry.
- Home Theater: The main stage where attendees can learn about Sephora’s products and brands by exploring exclusive masterclasses and using the new live-chat feature. This space will offer shoppable touchpoints and the ability to participate in interactive games.
- La Sala: Newly added for 2022, La Sala (the family room) will spotlight BIPOC and Latin-owned beauty brands, influncers and their heritage, with exclusive content conducted in both Spanish and English with subtitles.
- Kitchen: A new destination where attendees can get gifting tips and special holiday segments.
- The Spa: A self-care space for attendees with wellness-focused activities like meditation, facial exercises, and aura readings.
- Sunroom: An area highlighting Sephora’s Clean and Clean + Planet-Positive brands, including product ingredients and sustainability practices.
- Backyard: This area features games, digital photos, and special guests.
“Following a successful virtual event last year, we are thrilled to bringSephoria back again this year to even more visitors from around the globe,” said Jessica Stacey, senior VP, external communications & experiential marketing at Sephora. “Not only will this year’s event reach the U.S., Canada, France, Spain, and Italy, but we also have enhanced experiences to ensure Sephoria is the most interactive, and inclusive virtual event for the Sephora community, with unparalleled access to exclusive content, founders, product sneak-peeks and, engaging gamification. We look forward to welcoming clients back into the virtual world of Sephoria and know they will be surprised to see what we have planned.”
Sephora operates more than 500 stores across the Americas, as well Sephora at Kohl’s “store-within-store” locations at 600 Kohl’s stores nationwide by year-end, and 850 Kohl’s locations by 2023.