- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Deadline Extended for Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- MasterCard: In-store Black Friday shopping to rise over last year
- Early Hanukkah, Late Thanksgiving to Impact Holiday Shopping
- How Technology Has Revolutionized Sales Tax Management
Bella Vista, Australia -- Woolworths Supermarket, a division of Australian retail conglomerate Woolworths Ltd., is optimizing home delivery routes for its growing e-commerce business using solutions from Descartes Systems Group. Woolworths is employing the Descartes Route Planner and Mobile applications with assistance from Descartes development partner The Brisbane Group. Using the Descartes technology, Woolworths combines route planning, tracking and execution with mobile functionality.
“The Woolworths online grocery business has grown at a significant pace and this trend continues to accelerate," said Roger Steele, head of online operations at Woolworths Supermarket, which operates more than 3,000 stores across Australia and New Zealand. "The Descartes/Bestrane solution helps us address complex delivery requirements that contribute to customer satisfaction and an enhanced online ordering experience. It meets our needs today, and is capable of providing increased functionality as we expand and take on greater omni-channel retailing challenges."