- Don't Toy Around: Discover Consumer Influence On Holiday Shopping
- Deadline Extended for Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- How Technology Has Revolutionized Sales Tax Management
- Early Hanukkah, Late Thanksgiving to Impact Holiday Shopping
- Retail Store of the Year Design Competition early bird rate ends on Nov. 29
Pompano Beach, Fla. -- Winn Dixie Stores has contracted Green Secure Solutions to clean, sanitize and protect shopping carts, hand baskets, handicap carts, food trays and other equipment at the grocer’s 484 stores.
“This service protects our customers’ health by using and environmentally safe product that continues to kill bacteria and other microorganisms for six months between treatments,” said Mary Kellmanson, Winn-Dixie group VP marketing. “We’re providing an invisible shield that provides additional protection for our customers and the food they’re buying.”
Green Secure Solutions’ mobile sanitizing units act like a car wash, with shopping carts and other equipment washed and sterilized as they pass through the unit. Once the carts are dry, technicians electrostatically apply Bioshield 75, and water-based product that creates a highly durable coating that bonds to surfaces on which it is applied.
According to Green Secure, Bioshield 75 is registered with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and approved by the U.S. Department of Agriculture for use in food contact surfaces. It is effective in eliminating and preventing growth of E. coli, staphylococcus, MRSA, salmonella strains and other potentially harmful micro-organisms.