- CSA conference debuts real estate track; Container Store, Starbucks, Macy’s among retail speakers
- Weis Markets ups cap ex budget to support remodels and tech investments
- Seattle’s Best opens 10 drive-thru windows in Texas
- Starbucks acquires Teavana for$620 million in all-cash deal
- Whole Foods Market to build greenhouse atop Brooklyn store
Sunbury, Pa. -- Weis Markets reported Monday that net income for the year ended Dec. 31 increased 10.7% to $75.6 million. Sales for the period rose 5% to $2.8 billion, and same-store sales increased 4.2%.
In the fourth quarter, the grocer saw an even stronger performance, as net income surged 37%, sales rose 11.4% and comps increased 4.8%.