- Welcome to the New Customer Disruption Newsletter
- Kroger debuts Retail Site Intelligence, new enterprise IT architecture
- Walmart to install LEDs in ceilings, cutting lighting energy use by 40%
- Report: Home Depot to spend $300 million on tech, new DCs, same-day shipping
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
New York -- Walmart will open a mini-store on the campus of Georgia Tech, according to a report by the Atlanta-Constitution.
The 2,500-sq.-ft. convenience-store styled location, expected to open this spring, will be the retailer’s smallest unit in the country.
The Georgia Tech store will be Walmart’s second campus location. In 2011, the retailer opened a store on the campus of the University of Arkansas.