- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Walmart to install LEDs in ceilings, cutting lighting energy use by 40%
- Welcome to the New Customer Disruption Newsletter
- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
- Kroger debuts Retail Site Intelligence, new enterprise IT architecture
Bentonville, Ark. -- Wal-Mart Stores Inc. announced Monday that it has launched a new TV and digital ad campaign designed to demonstrate what the retailer describes as “The Real Walmart.”
The campaign also includes a dedicated website – therealwalmart.com – demonstrating how consumers rely on Walmart to save money, on the company’s career opportunities, and detailing how it creates efficiencies and works directly with manufacturers to help deliver low prices.
“We have wanted to do this for a long time because we know that people trust Walmart even more when they understand the opportunities we provide our associates, who the customers are that shop with us and how we deliver low prices," said Bill Simon , president and CEO of Walmart U.S.
A series of ads focuses on three key areas: consumers savings, career opportunities for Walmart associates, and price and efficiencies.
"The more we introduce people to what we do and how we do it, the more they understand the positive difference we can make for customers, associates and communities," said Simon.