- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
- Walmart to install LEDs in ceilings, cutting lighting energy use by 40%
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Wal-Mart names new CEO; company vet Doug McMillon to succeed Mike Duke
Bentonville, Ark. -- Walmart on Friday announced its Top 20 Toy List for the upcoming holidays and said the items are available now at Walmart stores in time for the retailer's layaway program, which launches this Sunday. In a social media tie-in, customers who “like” their local Walmart store's Facebook page can begin using the service immediately.
The discounter also said that if a customer puts a toy on layaway and Walmart rolls back the price later in the season, the chain will honor the rolled-back price if it is in effect at the time of final payment. Walmart will also match competitor pricing during checkout for layaway products through its ad match policy. Customers will be able to pick up their toys once they complete their layaway payments. Once completed, customers will receive a full refund of the $5 layaway open fee on a Walmart gift card.