- Marks & Spencer Combines Clicks & Bricks in Amsterdam
- H&M Q3 profit falls 15%, to add 265 stores
- Tommy Hilfiger Europe automates payments process with software from Sterling Commerce
- Survey: Retailers plan to open more stores due to lower rents
- CBRE report finds male shoppers driving online shopping in Europe
Berlin, Vt. -- Berlin Mall LLC announced it has cleared the last two permitting hurdles to begin an 18,700-sq.-ft. expansion of The Berlin Mall, located in Berlin, Vt. The expansion is part of a planned increase in the size of its Walmart anchor store, which will also expand into existing, adjoining retail space at the mall
Construction is slated to start spring 2013.
In addition to the using the 18,700 sq. ft. that will be added to the mall, Walmart also will absorb 7,500 sq. ft. formerly occupied by F.Y.E., as well as Payless Shoes and Optical Expressions. Both of these tenants have moved to another location within the mall.