- Apple and IBM partner for business software
- Welcome to the New Customer Disruption Newsletter
- Kroger debuts Retail Site Intelligence, new enterprise IT architecture
- Motorola’s new mobile marketing platform uses Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technology
- Westfield Garden State Plaza brings digital technology to physical world
Los Angeles -- TruConnect Mobile announced that Walmart is now the exclusive provider of its prepaid mobile broadband service Internet on the Go, powered by the MiFi 2200 Intelligent Mobile Hotspot.
The service plan has no monthly fee and the data balance never expires (if used once a year).
“In today’s world of high connectivity, we want to make connecting to the Internet more accessible and affordable for our customers,” said Seong Ohm, senior VP and general merchandise manager for entertainment, Walmart U.S. “By providing an assortment of mobile broadband products at a low price our customers can now choose to connect to the Internet when they want, where they want.”
To get Internet on the Go, customers purchase a MiFi 2200 Intelligent Mobile Hotspot by Novatel Wireless, purchase the Internet on the Go service, register online and turn on the device.
The service supports Wi-Fi-equipped devices using Windows, Mac OSX, Apple iOS and Google Android operating systems. Internet on the Go services are provided on the nationwide Sprint Network.