- Toys ‘R’ Us moves interim CEO into role permanently; names new U.S. president
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Wal-Mart names new CEO; company vet Doug McMillon to succeed Mike Duke
- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
Bentonville, Ark. -- Wal-Mart Stores Inc. will hold its Annual Meeting of Shareholders on Friday, June 7, including an executive update by president and CEO Mike Duke.
As many as 14,000 global Walmart associates are also attending the event, most arriving in time for elaborate pre-meeting activities. "Our success is only possible because of the hard work and dedication of our 2.2 million associates around the world,” said Susan Chambers, executive VP global people, at Walmart.
Weeklong events, which include entertainment headliners Elton John and country music star Luke Bryan, highlight job and career opportunities for existing Walmart employees.