Deerfield, Ill. — Walgreens has announced several updates to its mobile app, most notably the ability to print from Instagram, as well as upload more than five pictures simultaneously for in-store prints. The updates apply to iPhones and Android devices.
“We know that many people enjoy customizing their photos to reflect the uniqueness of each shot,” said Jasbir Patel, senior director and general merchandise manager, photo and e-commerce, Walgreens. “Aligning our QuickPrints technology to Instagram helps our customers make those digital images come to life in print form.”
In addition to the robust functionality available, the specific updates include:
- Print from Instagram: Easily print Instagram photo creations to a local Walgreens for pick up in about an hour.
- QuickPrints: Users can now upload more than five pictures at a time to send to their local Walgreens for prints.
- Poster Prints: Android customers can order poster prints and pick up in stores in about an hour. iPhone users also can access the functionality.
- Health Information: Access diabetes, diet and fitness and women’s health information while on the go.
- Pill Reminder: Android customers can set reminders to take over-the-counter and prescription medications. iPhone users also can access the functionality.
On a related note, Walgreens was recently awarded an Appy for the Best Retail Mobile App during this year’s SXSW Interactive Conference.