- Wal-Mart names new CEO; company vet Doug McMillon to succeed Mike Duke
- Toys ‘R’ Us moves interim CEO into role permanently; names new U.S. president
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Walmart to install LEDs in ceilings, cutting lighting energy use by 40%
- Wal-Mart International names new CEO
Bentonville, Ark., Wal-Mart celebrates the reopening of two New Orleans-area stores seven months after Hurricane Katrina devastated the region. One of the supercenters opened last week, but still has only temporary flooring, while the other store will reopen Friday. Two additional stores in the New Orleans area remain closed because of damage, and no decision has been made as yet on whether they will reopen. More than 120 Wal-Mart stores closed during the wrath of the hurricane.