- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
- Walmart U.S. CEO Bill Simon steps down; to be replaced by CEO of Walmart Asia
- Wal-Mart's tech lab buys Stylr mobile fashion app
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
Bentonville, Ark., Wal-Mart Stores has discontinued its teen social-networking initiative "The Hub" after 10 weeks, according to a report by CNNMoney.com. The site featured the chain’s back-to-school clothing and related offerings. Visitors also could build their own personal pages, similar to what is offered on Myspace.com.
Wal-Mart said that the on-line feature was a back-to-school marketing initiative and was intended to end when the back-to-school season was completed.