- Walmart to install LEDs in ceilings, cutting lighting energy use by 40%
- dd’s DISCOUNTS to open in downtown Portland, Oregon
- Walmart U.S. e-commerce names new head as Joel Anderson leaves for Five Below
- Walmart To Go, Bentonville, Arkansas
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
Bentonville, Ark., Wal-Mart Stores has proposed to build a 1 million-sq.-ft. regional distribution center in Merced, Calif. The center, which is tentatively scheduled to begin construction in 2007, would be the chain’s fourth DC in California. The project to needs complete site plans and conduct an environmental impact report before receiving approval.