- Walmart to install LEDs in ceilings, cutting lighting energy use by 40%
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Walmart To Go, Bentonville, Arkansas
- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
- Walmart U.S. e-commerce names new head as Joel Anderson leaves for Five Below
Bentonville, Ark. Wal-Mart is planning to move its Sam’s Club headquarters to a new location. The Sam’s Club corporate offices have been located next door to the Wal-Mart home office in Bentonville, Ark., but the company now plans to move to the former Superior Commercial Building, also in Bentonville, and located three miles from its current location.
"This facility will provide Sam’s Club with a unique opportunity to house all of its club support functions under one roof and help us improve our focus on serving associates in the clubs and our members," said Doug McMillon, president and CEO of Sam’s Club. The company paid nearly $30 million for the 375,000-sq.-ft. building and the surrounding property.