- Welcome to the New Customer Disruption Newsletter
- Kroger debuts Retail Site Intelligence, new enterprise IT architecture
- Toys ‘R’ Us moves interim CEO into role permanently; names new U.S. president
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Westfield Garden State Plaza brings digital technology to physical world
Bentonville, Ark. Wal-Mart launched a holiday text-message service that sends special alerts to customer cell phones about price markdowns and hot deals. Its new mobile alert system, called Operation Main Street, sends out two or three text alerts per week.
The move is a part of an effort to communicate with its shoppers in new ways.