- Walmart U.S. CEO Bill Simon steps down; to be replaced by CEO of Walmart Asia
- Walmart U.S. e-commerce names new head as Joel Anderson leaves for Five Below
- Top 10 Stories of the First Half of 2014
- Wal-Mart's tech lab buys Stylr mobile fashion app
- Target launches image recognition app for mobile shopping
Bentonville, Ark., Wal-Mart’s 10th annual Teacher of the Year program will recognize more than 3,800 teachers nationwide. As a result of their selection, the schools of the winning teachers will receive $1,000 each from Wal-Mart. In total, Wal-Mart will donate $4.2 million to schools nationwide.
The program is in conjunction with Phi Delta Kappa International, a national professional education association. The winning teachers will be notified this week as part of Teacher Appreciation Week, May 1-7, and in honor of National Teacher’s Day, which is today.