- Walmart U.S. CEO Bill Simon steps down; to be replaced by CEO of Walmart Asia
- Walmart U.S. e-commerce names new head as Joel Anderson leaves for Five Below
- Wal-Mart's tech lab buys Stylr mobile fashion app
- Top 10 Stories of the First Half of 2014
- Video tour of new TargetExpress; four more locations on tap
New York Wal-Mart Stores Inc. said Wednesday it is having problems processing gift cards.
In a statement, Wal-Mart said once it discovered the problem, it investigated and found that a "third-party verifier's systems had an inadvertent processing error." The retailer said the error caused delays in gift-card verifications.
"We are working with the supplier to resolve the issue as quickly as possible and we apologize for the inconvenience to our customers," the chain said in the statement.
When reached for comment, Wal-Mart said it could not provide any additional details on the matter.