- Wal-Mart names new CEO; company vet Doug McMillon to succeed Mike Duke
- Toys ‘R’ Us moves interim CEO into role permanently; names new U.S. president
- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Target CIO resigns; chain to overhaul info security
Abilene, Kan. Duckwall-ALCO Stores announced Thursday that Jim Spencer is joining the company on Dec. 15 as senior VP-operations. He comes to Duckwall-ALCO Stores with more than 18 years of store operations and retail-management experience with Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Spencer most recently spent three years with Wal-Mart's international division where he was VP of operations. Previously he spent 15 years in various roles in Wal-Mart's U.S. store operations.