- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
- Wal-Mart's tech lab buys Stylr mobile fashion app
- Walmart to install LEDs in ceilings, cutting lighting energy use by 40%
- Walmart U.S. e-commerce names new head as Joel Anderson leaves for Five Below
- Walmart shows support of women-owned businesses with new logo
Bentonville, Ark. -- Wal-Mart is changing the date that its fourth-quarter dividend will be paid. The company said that the quarterly dividend of 39.75 cents per share will now be paid on Dec. 27 instead of on Jan. 2, 2013. The dividend will still be paid to shareholders of record on Dec. 7.
According to a report by the Associated Press, Wal-Mart may be taking the action to avoid a higher tax rate on the dividend if there's no agreement on the fiscal cliff.