- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Walmart to install LEDs in ceilings, cutting lighting energy use by 40%
- Toys ‘R’ Us moves interim CEO into role permanently; names new U.S. president
- Wal-Mart names new CEO; company vet Doug McMillon to succeed Mike Duke
- Walmart kicks off online holiday deals early
Bentonville, Ark. -- Wal-Mart Stores Inc. announced Thursday it has promoted Karen Roberts to EVP and general counsel, effective Feb. 1. Roberts’ predecessor Jeff Gearhart will focus his efforts on global compliance as Wal-Mart continues to deal with allegations of bribery in Mexico.
Roberts is a 17-year veteran of Wal-Mart and currently handles real estate operations for the retailer as EVP and president of Walmart Realty for Walmart U.S. In her new role, she will manage the legal department, which is responsible for handling all legal matters affecting the company in its domestic and international markets.
Prior to that, she was SVP and chief compliance officer for Walmart U.S.