- Video tour of new TargetExpress; four more locations on tap
- Walmart U.S. e-commerce names new head as Joel Anderson leaves for Five Below
- Walmart U.S. CEO Bill Simon steps down; to be replaced by CEO of Walmart Asia
- Wal-Mart cuts profit forecast on sluggish Q2
- Walmart to install LEDs in ceilings, cutting lighting energy use by 40%
Bentonville, Ark., Though successful in its German stores, Wal-Mart has put an end to its Singles Shopping in the United States.
Active in just one store in Roanoke, Va., the Singles Shopping program had Friday-evening unattached customers adorning their shopping carts with a red bow to signal availability. “Flirt points” were set up in various sections of the store.
Complaints led to the dissolution of the program.