- Ron Johnson: ‘I was a terrible fit for J.C. Penney’
- Report: HSN’s Mindy Grossman declined J.C. Penney CEO offer
- J.C. Penney opens its first-ever store in Brooklyn on Aug. 29
- Judge rules J.C. Penney 'interfered' in Macy’s/Martha Stewart deal; damages pending
- Vornado to sell Broadway Mall in Hicksville, N.Y.
New York -- Steven Roth, chairman and CEO of Vornado Realty Trust, resigned from the board of J.C. Penney as company plans to sell its stake in the chain.
In a filing on Friday, with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Vornado said it will exit Penney in the “not-too-distant future. The company owns about 6.1% of Penney’s shares.