- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
- Signet completes acquisition of Zale Corp., creating jewelry Goliath in malls
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Judge rules J.C. Penney 'interfered' in Macy’s/Martha Stewart deal; damages pending
Paris -- A Friday report by Reuters said that Virgin Megastore’s French division will declare insolvent next week, slated to unveil a plan to file for payments suspension on Jan. 7.
The French operation is the latest victim of the slump in CD and DVD sales.
Virgin France is owned by private equity firm Butler Capital Partners, and operates 26 Virgin-branded stores in France.