- Barneys Co-Op Named Store of the Year in CSA Design Competition
- American Express study: Consumers opting for less frequent, but larger transactions in retail
- American Express CFO Survey: Economic outlook high, M&A activity to ramp up
- CVS Q4 profit up 6%; acquires Brazilian-based chain
- Top Consumer Trends for 2011
San Jose, Calif. VeriFone Systems and Gemalto said Wednesday that the two companies have partnered to jointly pursue new chip card solutions based on the global EMV payment standard.
The two companies also said they are in discussions for VeriFone to acquire France-based Gemalto's point of sale solutions business, which would position VeriFone to expand into Europe.
With the partnership, Gemalto, a provider of industrial machine-to-machine (M2M) wireless communication modules and solutions, will be the preferred supplier of M2M wireless modules and related solutions for VeriFone payment systems.
“We look forward to developing with Gemalto innovative EMV solutions, in particular for the U.S. market,” said VeriFone CEO Douglas G. Bergeron.