- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- MasterCard: In-store Black Friday shopping to rise over last year
- Early Hanukkah, Late Thanksgiving to Impact Holiday Shopping
- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- Deloitte: Holiday shoppers use smartphones, stay local
Urban Outfitters, Inc. has created a new leadership structure for the North American region of its Anthropologie brand. Two long-term senior Anthropologie executives, Wendy Wurtzburger and Wendy Brown, will lead the brand in the newly created roles of chief merchandising officer and COO of the Anthropologie division.
Effective immediately, Wurtzburger will be responsible for leading merchandise design, buying, planning and allocation, plus brand finance. Meanwhile, Brown will drive the company's front-end operations including store management, real estate, store design and visual merchandising, along with all direct-to-consumer operations including brand-wide marketing and 'Anthro', the brand's new customer-relationship program.
Wurtzburger has been in a senior merchandising role at Anthropologie for 10 years, most recently as executive director and general merchandise manager.
Brown began her career with Urban Outfitters Inc. in 1991 and over the years has held a variety of senior operational roles across the company. Prior to being named COO of Anthropologie, Brown served as senior executive director of Retail at Anthropologie.