- Urban Outfitters Q1 net income dips; on track to open 50 to 55 stores
- Urban Oufitters to debut bridal-shop concept in fall
- The Container Store and Urban Outfitters to be Honored at NRF 2011 Annual Convention
- Urban Outfitters announces executive changes across its brands
- Urban Outfitters rolls out social media sales tool from Needle
Philadelphia -- Urban Outfitters Inc.’s profit for the second quarter rose 8% to $61.3 million from $56.7 million in the year-ago period, helped by strong sales as its namesake stores.
Total company net sales for the quarter, ended July 31, rose by 11% over the same quarter last year to $676 million. Same-store net sales, which include the direct-to-consumer channel, increased 4% for the quarter, while comparable store net sales decreased 1%.
During the six months ended July 31, 2012, the company opened a total of 28 stores including: 10 Free People stores, 10 Urban Outfitters stores, six Anthropologie stores, one BHLDN store and one Terrain garden center. It closed one Anthropologie store.